Various actions have been put in place:
* The establishment of six experimental irrigation programs powered by solar energy
* The creation of a pilot farm to test innovative irrigation and fish farming technologies;
* The cultivation and distribution of new cuttings to producers;
* Training programs for producers;
* A natural homeopathic product to fight against plant predators;
* Guarana pre-production units to improve the quality and productivity of each producer of the cooperative.
All of these actions will enable the cooperative to achieve the highest level quality of guarana on the market and ensure its marketing in the cosmetics and agri-food markets that are in full development.
One of the objectives of the project is to establish a sustainable production model for the cooperative and ensure the quality of production until the marketing of guarana without any intermediaries.
The project, “Urucara Sustainable Fruticulture”, aimed at structuring the organic crops of small producers in the Amazon, diversifying their sources of income and improving product quality.
Therefore, a solar energy irrigation system was established at a pilot farm in the city of Urucará, in the state of Amazonas, with plantations of acerola, acai and guarana, which are crops that demand large volumes of water. Guarana, a typical product of the region, was experiencing a period of falling productivity due to the effects of climate change, which led to the irregularity of the rainy season in the Amazon region.